Inspections & Public Service
A Division of the Department of Neighborhoods
“We have a passion for cleaning neighborhoods!”
Inspections & Public Service (IPS) cleans up neighborhoods using building codes, sign codes, nuisance violations, and beautification projects. The division's four sections work with community partners and neighbors to respond to their concerns and improve their quality of life. We know that neighbors are our greatest assets in neighborhoods and designed our webpage to put neighbors first, make services more accessible, and make it easier for everyone to take action.
BUILDING AND STANDARDS COMMISSION VIRTUAL HEARING
MAY 19, 2021 AT 9:00 A.M.
VIA MICROSOFT TEAMS
to be held with Social Distancing Modifications
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting: http://bit.ly/bsc0519
Join Meeting Toll Free: +1 936-755-1521
Conference ID: 221 618 397#
Public comment will be allowed via telephone; no in-person input will be allowed.
All speakers (property owners, representatives and/or interested parties) are recommended to register in advance (preferably one day before the scheduled meeting by Noon).
To speak remotely at the Building and Standards Commission Virtual Hearing, please:
- Call or email the Department of Neighborhoods’ Hearings Section via telephone at (832) 394-0499 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org preferably no later than noon, (the day before the meeting). The information required is the speaker’s name, item number(s) they wish to speak on, and a telephone number and email address.
- Once a request to speak has been called in or emailed, speakers will be contacted to confirm the link and/or telephone number to call on the day of the scheduled meeting.
- Speakers should call in at least 15 minutes prior to meeting start time in order to speak.
- Speakers will be placed in a queue until their time to speak. If you have not signed up to speak prior to the hearing, please indicate that you would like to speak when additional speakers are asked to identify themselves.
- Handouts or other information may be emailed to email@example.com noon the day before the scheduled meeting. This information will be provided to the Commission in advance of the meeting.