Solid Waste Management Department
North Main Neighborhood Depository/Recycling Center
9003 N Main
Houston, TX 77022
This facility accepts Junk Waste, Tree Waste and Recyclables at no additional charge to City of Houston residents.
Located in North Houston
EFFECTIVE SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2021 all Neighborhood Depositories hours of operations have been updated.
Tuesday- Sunday, 9 am to 6 pm
Closed on Monday
Key Map # 535G
View map featuring depository/recycling centers city wide.
Citizens may use the depositories four times per month. Citizens are encouraged to arrive at least 30 minutes before closing time to allow adequate time to unload. Each user must provide the following as proof of residency:
- Texas Driver's License or ID and
- A current utility bill or city property tax receipt
The depositories accept the following items:
- Tree Waste
- Refrigerators, etc.
- Up to five (5) automobile tires (Rims Not Accepted) per month, per household
The depositories also accepts the following recyclable materials:
- Aluminum, tin, and empty aerosol cans
- #1 - 5 and #7 plastics (not toys, packing materials, flower pots, styrofoam, plastic bags, or plastic furniture)
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Clear and Colored Glass Bottles and Jars
- Used Motor Oil
- Tree Waste
These depositories may be used by the public free of charge.
Neighborhood depositories will not accept household garbage, more than ten tires from an individual, and large quantities of building materials.
Trash from commercial haulers or brought in a commercial vehicle (business or rented commercial) will not be accepted.
Visit our other SWMD Houston-Area Depository and Recycling Locations
Neighborhood Depository/Recycling Centers
- North - 9003 N Main 77022
- Northwest - 14400 Sommermeyer 77041
- Northeast - 5565 Kirkpatrick 77028
- Southeast - 2240 Central Street 77017
- South - 5100 Sunbeam 77033
- Southwest - 10785 SW Freeway 77074
Neighborhood Recycling Drop-off Locations
Environmental Service Center (ESC) Locations
Proper disposal of materials is key to a healthy, clean environment. Visit each link for additional information.
Thank you for helping us to make Houston a cleaner, greener place to live!