> Campaign Finance Reports > File As A Specific Purpose Political Committee
Campaign Finance Reports Electronic Filing System
File As A Specific Purpose Political Committee
- Obtain a User Name and Password
- Download the Password Request Form (Form PASS), and save it to your computer. You must obtain a user name and password prior to filing campaign finance reports electronically. If you are the Campaign Treasurer for more than one Specific-Purpose Committee, complete a separate Password Request Form for each SPAC. When completed, mail or hand-deliver the Password Request Form to the Office of the City Secretary. (See instructions included with form.)
- Download the Data Collection Tool -- After completing this Excel Data Collection Tool and before uploading it to the system, please save it as an Excel 97 – 2003 document, NOT Excel 2007 document. We advise filers not to wait to the last day\minute to file. In the electronic filing world things cam go wrong and you need time to correct your filling.
- Download the SPAC Data Collection Tool, and save it to your computer. Enter data into the Data Collection Tool as you would for the forms provided by the Texas Ethics Commission. When you are ready to file, access the Campaign Finance Reports Electronic Filing System website, and follow the instructions provided therein. (Note the maximum allowable size for a filed Data Collection Tool is 50MB.)
- Version 6.2 uploaded 10.19.2015
- Download the Correction Affidavit
- If you need to correct a report, download the Correction Affidavit (Form COR-PAC). A Correction Affidavit must accompany all subsequent filings to the original filing for a filing period. If you need to attach any part of the Data Collection Tool in conjunction with the Correction Affidavit, start with a clean copy of the Data Collection Tool, complete only those forms or schedules necessary, and mark the “Not Applicable” box at the top of those forms or schedules that you do not wish to include with the Correction Affidavit. When you are ready to file, access the Campaign Finance Reports Electronic Filing System website, and follow the instructions provided therein.
- If you are Exempt from Filing Electronically ...
- Obtain a copy of the Affidavit for Committee: Electronic Filing Exemption from the Office of the City Secretary, or download and save it to your computer. Hand-deliver the Affidavit for Committee: Electronic Filing Exemption along with your campaign finance report to the Office of the City Secretary.