Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities
2018 Disability Unity & Pride Celebration
Dear Houston Area Disability Community Member:
You are invited to join us for the 2018 Disability Unity & Pride Celebration (DUPC) hosted by the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD).
WHEN: September 29, 2018 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
WHERE: Metropolitan Multi-Service Center (MMSC), 1475 W. Gray, Houston, TX 77019
This is the 10th annual DUPC that celebrate the history, culture, advocacy and contributions of the Houston disability community. This year’s theme is “Connecting the Dots – Celebrating four decades of Houston’s transformative cross-disability advocacy.” During the event, we will commemorate many significant Houston disability advocacy anniversaries.
- Exhibit Honoring Past Disability Advocates and Houston’s Disability History
- Theatrical Arts Presentation – Poetry & Song
- Welcome – Maria Palacios, DUPC Chair
- City of Houston Proclamation
- Panel Discussion – Past & Present Disability Community Leaders
- “Keeping the ADA Alive” – Maria Town, MOPD Director
- Live Entertainment
- Exhibitors and Demonstrations
- Door Prizes
- Free Lunch and Refreshments
Let us know that you will join us by emailing email@example.com or call 832-394-0814 for additional information. You can also RSVP using our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HoustonDUPC. We are still looking for exhibitors for the celebration. If your organization would be interested in being an exhibitor at the Disability Unity and Pride Celebration, please email Angel Ponce at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having you celebrate with us at the 2018 DUPC.
Maria Town, Director
Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities