Office of Business Opportunity
The Office of Business Opportunity is committed to creating a competitive and diverse business environment in the City of Houston by promoting the growth and success of local small businesses, with special emphasis on historically underutilized groups by ensuring their meaningful participation in the government procurement process.
|Certifications and Designations|
|Contract Compliance and Reporting|
- Good Faith Efforts Policy Review Presentation - 08.08.2014 (.pdf)
- Good Faith Efforts Policy Review-Organization Contact List - 08.08.2014 (.pdf)
- Contractor Pre-Bid Requirements Presentation - 07.26.2013 (.pdf)
- Contractor Pre-Bid Requirements Info Session Attendee List - 07.26.2013 (.pdf)
- Good Faith Efforts Policy 2013 (.pdf, revised 07.01.2013)
About the Director
Carlecia D. Wright, is the Director for the Office of Business Opportunity. In April 2011, Ms. Wright was appointed by Mayor Parker to ensure that the City's small, minority, women-owned and disadvantaged business enterprises have meaningful participation in the city's procurement process. Prior to her appointment, she worked for the City of New York's Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise Program, where she served as the Executive Director of Policy, Planning and Operations, as well as the Executive Director of Certification and Recruitment. More ...