Tour de Houston Presented by Apache Corporation
Join us Sunday, March 18, 2018!
Annual Bike Ride to Raise Funds for City's Reforestation Projects
Tour de Houston Presented by Apache Corporation is a fundraising bike ride that benefits Houston's Reforestation Program. The ride will take place Sunday, March 18, 2018. This annual event offers Houstonians and visitors a unique way to view the city with bike routes winding through Houston’s historic neighborhoods, scenic districts and parks. With three ride length options, the Tour de Houston is the perfect event for leisure riders or cycling enthusiasts. In addition, it is a BP MS 150 recommended training ride.
This event begins and ends in Hermann Square at City Hall located at 901 Bagby. Riders and volunteers will enjoy a post-ride party that includes music, free food and beverages.
Sunday, March 18, 2018
6:00 a.m.: Check-in and Registration
7:30 a.m.: 60 Mile Ride
8:00 a.m.: 40 Mile Ride
8:15 a.m.: 20 Mile Ride
*No riders will be allowed to leave the Start Line after 8:15 a.m. Please arrive on time.
- Packet Pick-Up Information for registered participants:
- Thursday, March 15 and Friday, March 16 at City Hall, 901 Bagby, 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 17 at Sun and Ski, 6100 Westheimer, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, March 18 at City Hall, starting at 6:00 a.m.
- 2018 Route Map (.pdf)
- REST STOP 1 -- Frost Bank Parking Lot - 1001 Broadway, Houston, Texas 77012
- REST STOP 2 -- Lone Star Flight Museum - 11551 Aerospace Avenue, Houston, TX 77034
- REST STOP 3 -- Clear Lake Park - 5001 NASA Pkwy., Seabrook, TX 77586
- FREE PARTICIPANT PARKING: Lot C and H - at corner of Memorial and Houston Avenue for cars with roof top bike racks. Theater District Parking on Rusk between Bagby and Smith for cars with trunk mounted bike racks.
- Rules of the Road for TdH (.pdf)
Each year a new route is featured to meet the Mayor’s objective to showcase Houston neighborhoods. The 20, 40 and 60-mile ride is a BP MS 150 approved training ride. Sponsor receives total exclusivity regarding promotion of brand on-site at the start / finish line, rest stop areas, & hospitality area specific to business category. The Mayor’s Office of Special Events produces events to create civic celebration and enhance the community. Proceeds benefit the Houston Parks and Recreation Department through Houston Civic Events, Inc., a Texas 501(c)(3) non-profit. Sponsorship is tax-deductible.
All photo galleries available at www.houstontx.gov/tourdehouston/gallery.html.