|Public Input Meeting - Wednesday, October 14, 2020|
Student Invitation - Wednesday, October 14th
The public comment meetings will take place online, using the Microsoft TEAMs platform. The meeting agenda is posted here.
- Online Meeting Link: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Time: 5pm - 7pm
- Call-In Option: +1 936-755-1521 United States, Huntsville (Toll)
- Conference ID:
640 223 694#
- SWMD Facebook page link: @houstonsolidwaste
Download the Microsoft TEAMs program application for free at https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app. Please note that your computer requires speakers and a microphone in order to use Microsoft Teams. A free smartphone version of this app is also available from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Basic Virtual Meeting Instructions
- Join the meeting via the link or by phone.
- After joining, stay muted to minimize background disruptions.
- If you are recognized by the Moderator to speak, unmute yourself and consider turning on the app’s video during your speaking time.
- State your name, spell your last name, and make your comments in the specified time allowed. Say what you are commenting on, and if you are in support, against, or undecided, and conclude when prompted.
- To mute or unmute yourself on the phone, press *6. On the computer, use the microphone icon.
- Please turn off your video after speaking. Remember, your image and background are made public.
The public may share comments and questions on the City’s Solid Waste Long Range Plan. Speakers are encouraged to submit comments or sign up to speak at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting. All comments are made part of the public meeting record. Speakers will also be able to sign up to speak during the meeting but will be added to the bottom of the list of speakers.
- Submit written comments in advance via email to email@example.com .
- Fill out the form and select date to sign up to speak at one of the meetings.
- Speakers will be called on in the order of sign up and can speak for two minutes. See the agenda for speaker guidelines.
Concluding the Virtual Meeting
Please hang up or disconnect to leave the meeting.
Questions? Contact the Solid Waste Management Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.