The mission of the Finance Department is to safeguard the fiscal integrity of the City, its component units, and other dependent entities, and enable other City stakeholders to do the same. We will do this by sustaining and growing a dynamic organization filled with strong people that use rigorous policies, processes, and systems.
Welcome to the Finance Department
The Finance Department's strategic objectives in support of the mission are:
- Promote fiscal responsibility
- Serve the Administration, City Council, Departments, and Citizens
- Improve process execution internally and citywide
- Engage staff and provide them the resources they need to get the job done
The Department strives to meet the following core values:
We strive to provide a high standard of excellence, provide outstanding levels of support and service and sustain a dynamic fiscal structure to ensure that all resources are managed and accounted for in an effective and efficient manner.
We commit to be a reliable source of accurate information providing sound fiscal and policy advice, conforming to the highest level of ethical standards.
We will maintain a high level of financial expertise to provide directions and solutions that ensure the City's financial strength.
We work together collaboratively and in recognition of the contribution of others and will strive to find practical and effective solutions to achieving desired goals.
The responsibilities of the Finance department are distributed among following divisions:
- Director's Office (Kelly Dowe, Director)
- Administrative Office of City Council (Vernita Jones, Deputy Assistant Director)
- Financial Planning and Analysis (Tantri Emo, Deputy Director)
- Financial Reporting and Operations (Arif Rasheed, Deputy Director)
- Performance Improvement (Jesse Bounds, Deputy Assistant Director)
- Strategic Procurement (Carolyn Hanahan, Acting Chief Procurement Officer)
- Treasury and Capital Management (Jennifer Olenick, Assistant Director)
About The Director
Kelly Dowe has served as the Director of Finance since March 2011. As Director, Kelly is the Chief Financial Officer for the City's Administration. He is responsible for the administration's financial and capital planning, revenue collections, accounting, and debt financing. He previously held the position in Finance of Deputy Director, Financial Planning and Analysis where he led creation of the City of Houston's long range forecast, annual budget, and monthly financial reporting.
Kelly Dowe, Director
611 Walker, 10th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
Finance Dept Publications
- Annual Budget
- Budget and Five Year Forecast Presentation
- Capital Improvement Plan
- Cost Allocation Plan
- Fee Schedule
- Financial Policies (.pdf)
- Fixed Assets
- General Accounting and Disaster Recovery
- Monthly Financial and Operations Report
- Proposed Fiscal Year 2015-2019 Capital Improvement Plan Presentation
- Single Audit: Federal and State Awards
- Wage Theft
- Budget Boot Camp
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Financial Management Task Force
- Great West Investment Services
- Fire Pension
- Municipal Pension
- Police Pension
- Liens Contact Information (.pdf)
- Red Light Camera Violations (.pdf)
- Sexual Assault Forensic Evaluation (SAFE) Ordinance
- Sexual Assault Forensic Evaluation (SAFE) Quarterly Filing Report