Over two million people reside in Houston now and one million more are expected to move here in the next 20 years. A general plan will enable the City to take a fresh look at enhancing services to current residents and will help the City prepare for the anticipated growth. The plan, called Plan Houston is based on existing visions, goals, and strategies already created by the City and organizations representing all aspects of the community. Plan Houston defines successful outcomes for the City and develops strategies to enhance neighborhoods and support growth and development. This effort will improve coordination between government agencies and ensure efforts of the City and its partners are as effective as possible.
|Visit the Plan Houston web site.
- Presentation of Draft Plan to the City Council Committee for Quality of Life (PDF)
- Plan Houston final report adopted by Council September 30, 2015 (PDF)
• Member list (PDF)
• Revised Draft Strategies (now called Policy Directives), May 28, 2015 (PDF)
• Draft Strategies April 23, 2015 (PDF)
• Proposed new goal for arts and culture April 1, 2015 (PDF)
• Policy Alignment: Culture, Education and Environment April 1, 2015 (PDF)
• Policy Alignment: Economy and Public Services March 2015 (PDF)
• Policy Alignment: People and Place February 2015 (PDF)
• Performance Indicators Summary January 2015 (PDF)
• Policy Alignment Matrix January 2015 (PDF)
Framework Plan Presentation
(PDF; 1.24 MB; 04/23/2014
Kick Off Reception