Administration & Regulatory Affairs

How to Register a Complaint


Customers are encouraged to contact the utility to file a complaint first. For questions, complaints or concerns regarding your utility service or billing, contact the utility’s customer service department. Here is a list of frequently requested telephone numbers:

Cable. For questions and concerns regarding service and billing, low hanging cable wires, unrestored easement post-construction or repair work:

  • Comcast: 1.800.934.6489
  • AT&T Uverse: 1.800.288.2020
  • Phonoscope: 713.272.4600
  • Suddenlink: 1.877.794.2724
  • En-Touch Systems: 1.888.765.6461

Retail Electric Providers. For questions or concerns regarding billing, payment plans, and rate plans.

  • Reliant: 713.207.7777
  • TXU: 1.800.368.3749

Electricity (Transmission and Distribution). To report power outages, non-functioning street lights, low-hanging power lines, unrestored easement post-construction and repair work:

  • CenterPoint: 713.207.2222
  • Entergy: 1.800.368.3479

Natural Gas. To report natural gas leaks and for questions or concerns regarding services, billing, unrestored easement post construction and repair work:

  • CenterPoint: 713.659.2111

Investor Owned Water & Sewer Utilities. For questions and concerns regarding service and billing, unrestored easement post-construction repair or work:

  • Aqua Texas, Inc.: 1.877.987.2782
  • Blue Bell Manor: 281.447.4560
  • Champs Water Company: 936.321.7721
  • Nitsch & Son Utility Co.: 281.445.0337
  • Southern Water: 713.692.3595


If you reside in Houston and your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the City of Houston for unresolved complaints regarding the City’s regulated utilities, Phonoscope Cable, as well as any complaints regarding unrestored rights-of-way post-construction work.

Administration and Regulatory Affairs Department, Utility Regulation
611 Walker, Houston, Texas 77002
Call: 832.393.8591
Fax: 832.393.8517


Contact the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUC), the Texas Railroad Commission (RRC) or the Federal Communications Commission (FCC):

  • Contact the PUC, if you are dissatisfied with and would like to appeal the City’s determination regarding a complaint with CenterPoint Electric, Entergy, Aqua Texas, Inc. Blue Bell Manor, Champs Water Company, Nitsch & Son Utility Co. and Southern Water.
  • Contact the RRC, if you are dissatisfied with and would like to appeal the City’s determination regarding a complaint against CenterPoint Energy Entex.
  • You may address complaints directly to the PUC regarding a Retail Electric Provider, Comcast Cable or AT&T UVerse and Suddenlink Cable.
  • Contact the PUC and/or FCC directly to file a complaint regarding telephone service.
  • Contact the FCC directly to file a complaint regarding internet service, expanded cable services, rates or premium channels.

Public Utility Commission of Texas
PUC – Customer Protection
P.O. Box 13326, Austin, TX 78711-3326
Call: 512.936.7120 or 1.888.782.8477
Fax: 512.936.7003

Railroad Commission of Texas
Gas Services Division, Market Oversight Section
P.O. Box 12967, Austin, TX 78711-2967
Call: 512.463.7164 or 1.877.228.5740


Federal Communications Commission
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Complaints
445 12th Street, SW, Washington, D.C. 20554
Call:  1.888.CALL.FCC (1.888.225.5322)
Fax:  1.866.418.0232