Office of Business Opportunity
OBO Press Release
Office of Business Opportunity Hosts 2nd Annual Salute to Veterans Business Workshop
November 7, 2017 -- The City of Houston’s Office of Business Opportunity is proud to present its 2nd Annual Salute to Veterans Business Workshop on November 8, 2017 from 9 am – 12 pm at the Leonel Castillo Community Center located at 2101 South Street, Houston, TX 77009.
This workshop is free for all Veteran entrepreneurs to:
- Understand the risks and rewards of starting a business in Houston
- Learn about and find available financial resources for Veteran seeking to start a business
- Learn how to get certified as a Minority, Woman, or Persons with Disabilities Business Enterprise, Small Business Enterprise, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (MWPDBE, SBE and DBE)
- Learn about eligibility for State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) certification based on ethnicity, U.S. Citizenship, Texas residency and principal place of business
- Learn about opportunities with Houston Airport System, Public Works and Engineering
- Meet and network with business resource partners
"The Office of Business Opportunity is pleased to once again host such a pivotal event for our veterans," stated director Carlecia Wright. "This forum allows the men and women who have and continue to serve and protect our country the opportunity to not only learn about the various resources available to them, but it also allows them the chance to meet and network with small business partners who can assist them in their business endeavors.”Interested parties can register to attend by visiting: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2nd-annual-salute-to-veterans-business-workshop-tickets-39020909591?aff=es2.