Office of Business Opportunity
The Office of Business Opportunity is committed to cultivating a competitive and diverse economic environment in the City of Houston by promoting the success of small businesses and developing Houston’s workforce, with special emphasis on historically underutilized businesses and disenfranchised individuals.
- August 23, 2019 -- Statement Regarding Allegations Made About the City of Houston Office of Business Opportunity
- May 6, 2019 -- The Office of Business Opportunity Joins SBA in Celebrating National Small Business Week
- February 11, 2019 -- Mayor Sylvester Turner & OBO Celebrate Houston Businesses During 2019 Champions of Diversity Awards
- Exporting Service Providers Information (.pdf)
- OBO Certification – Now completely online!
- HHF Application - Now Totally Online
- Hurricane Harvey Procurement Opportunities
- Hurricane Harvey Resources for Small Businesses
- Current Disparity Study
Certifications and Designations
Contract Compliance and Reporting
About the Interim Director
Mayor Sylvester Turner has appointed attorney and longtime city of Houston executive staff member, Marsha E. Murray, to serve as the Interim Director in the Office of Business Opportunity (OBO) effective Monday, Sept. 2, 2019.
Murray is currently the Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Houston's Legal Department. She is responsible for strategically managing its operational and administrative needs to enhance the delivery of quality legal services. More ...
About OBO - In Other Languages