DUE TO COVID-19, MANY OF YOU ARE PART OF THE VULNERABLE POPULATION, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE OLDER THAN 65 YEARS OF AGE, SUFFERING WITH UNDERLYING HEALTH CONDITIONS, SUCH AS HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, CHRONIC LUNG DISEASE, DIABETES, OBESITY, ASTHMA, OR WHOSE IMMUNE SYSTEM IS COMPROMISED DUE CHEMOTHERAPY FOR CANCER OR ANY OTHER CONDITION REQUIRING SUCH THERAPY.
IF YOU ARE PART OF THIS GROUP PLEASE CONTACT THE COURT AT 713.247.8924 AND SPEAK TO SOMEONE REGARDING A SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION AND A SPECIALIZED DOCKET TO ENSURE YOUR CONTINUED SAFETY.
- March 5, 2021 -- HOUSTON MUNICIPAL COURTS DEPARTMENT WILL RESUME COURT OPERATIONS THURSDAY APRIL 1, 2021 AT ALL LOCATIONS
- 5 de marzo de 2021 -- EL DEPARTAMENTO DE LAS CORTES MUNICIPALES DE LA CIUDAD DE HOUSTON REANUDARÁ OPERACIONES JUDICIALES EL JUEVES, 1 DE ABRIL, 2021 EN TODAS LAS UBICACIÓNES
- January 29, 2021 -- HOUSTON MUNICIPAL COURTS TO BEGIN ACCEPTING PASSPORT APPLICATIONS FEBRUARY 1, 2021
- 29 de denero de 2021 -- LAS CORTES MUNICIPALES DE HOUSTON EMPIEZAN A ACEPTAR SOLUCITUDES DE PASAPORTES EL 1 FEBRERO, 2021
- October 23, 2020 -- HOUSTON MUNICIPAL COURTS DEPARTMENT CREATES A NEW SAFE HARBOR COURT TO ASSIST HOUSTONIANS WITH INABILITY TO PAY COURT FINES AND FEES
- 23 de octubre de 2020 -- LAS CORTES MUNICIPALES DE LA CIUDAD DE HOUSTON CREA LA NUEVA CORTE SAFE HARBOR PARA ASSISTIR A LAS PERSONAS DE HOUSTON INCAPACES DE PAGAR MULTAS Y HONORARIOS DE LA CORTE
NOTICE: It has come to the attention of the Houston Municipal Courts that companies are using text messages to solicit services. The text message requests the user to click on a link to reset their case(s) for a fee. The Houston Municipal Courts DOES NOT send text messages or charge defendants to reset cases. Rules and guidelines on how to handle any of your court business, including instructions on how to reset and pay for your case(s), as well as downloadable forms, are available at no charge on our website. To speak with a Municipal Courts representative, please dial 3-1-1 or 713.837.0311, if outside Houston city limits.
The Mission of the Municipal Courts Department is to provide an accessible legal forum for individuals to have their court matters heard in a fair and efficient manner, while providing a high level of integrity, professionalism and customer service.
The City of Houston Municipal Courts accepts payments in cash, check, money order, ATM debit card, and credit card (American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover).
Feedback on Officer
To provide feedback regarding the officer who issued your citation, contact:
There are two types of Driver Safety Courses (DSC) or "defensive driving" programs available -- Mandatory and Discretionary. DSC and other matters can be processed by placing a call to the Municipal Courts One Call Solution Center at 713.837.0311.
Fines and Fees
If you agree with the violation on the ticket and enter a plea of guilty or no contest, the Judge will find you guilty.
The exact amount of the fine will depend on the violation and other circumstances reviewed by the Judge. You should be prepared to pay the fine at the time you are found guilty.
- Go to Fines and Fees
Other Available Options
If you are having difficulty satisfying your court ordered judgment, please come in and speak with an Annex Court Judge at any of our court locations.
- Go to Court Locations
Deferred Disposition is a suspended sentence. On your plea of guilty or no contest, the court will defer a finding of guilt, assess Court costs, and order that you post a bond and comply with certain conditions. You may request Deferred Disposition on or before your first court date in person, by phone, or by mail.
City / HPD Jail Information
First you will need to visit the Harris County Jail website at https://www.harriscountyso.org/JailInfo/HCSO_FindSomeoneInJail.aspx, or call the Houston Help Line at 713.837.0311 to ensure the person is in fact in the City of Houston Jail. A representative from the Houston Help Line can also provide the amount the prisoner owes and/or the bond amount.
- Go to Jail Information
The week's trial dockets are available online in .pdf format. Click on a week day below to view that particular docket.
Municipal Courts Department - In Other Languages