Permits and Reservation
Address: 2999 S Wayside
Houston, TX 77023
Phone: Ballfield Reservations: 832.394.8804
Park Permits: 832.394.8805
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday to Sunday (Closed)
Houston Service Helpline: |
To request park repairs please call 311 or 713.837.0311 or submit your request online by clicking this link.
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department Permits Office issues permits for the use of different venues and parks operated by the department for the City of Houston.
An area within a park may be reserved for personal use for private events by obtaining a permit through the Permits section of the Houston Parks and Recreation Department. A fee and a refundable deposit are required. This permit ensures the exclusive use of a particular space for a designated time.
Any request to conduct a park event that is of a size and nature requiring the significant provision or coordination of city services will require a special event permit from the Mayor’s Office of Special Events.
Revisions and Updates Impacting Sports Fields Permit Services
Revisions and Updates Impacting Sports Fields Permit Services In September 2016, all HPARD Permit Holders were informed of Revisions and Updates Impacting Sports Fields Permit Services which would take effect on January 1, 2017. For a copy of these revisions please click here (pdf)
Bethel Park is Not available for permits or reservations:
Houston City Council has not yet approved fees for reservations at Bethel Park, located at 801 Andrews Street. The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is not yet authorized to issue permits for this site.
VENUES AVAILABLE FOR PERMITING
Park space, including pavilions, picnic table clusters, and open space may be reserved for private use by families and organizations. Reservations at area sports fields (including softball, baseball, soccer, flag football, basketball, rugby, and volleyball venues) are also available for sports practice as well as league and tournament play. Contact the Parks Permits Office as early as possible to receive the most current information on the facility of your choice.
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department (H.P.A.R.D.) operates a total of 370 parks located in the Houston area. (All locations may not be available for rental. Please contact the Permits and Reservations Office for further information).
Reservations are made online. Click here for online permitting forms and additional information
Please note: If you are making a reservation, an Event Security Plan Form may be required for large groups. To determine if this document is required, contact a Permits and Reservations representative.
- Security Control Plan Form
- Tents over 1200 square feet require liability insurance and an additional permit from the Fire Marshal’s Office
- Utilizing propane in a City of Houston Park:
Propane use is prohibited unless a LP Gas Permit is obtained from the Houston Fire Department’s Permit Office: Houston Fire Department’s Permit Office
Houston, TX 77002
- When utilizing amplified sound within a City Park, permission must be granted with a valid park permit from the Houston Parks and Recreation Department.. Once you have the approval documents from H.P.A.R.D., you will need to obtain a “Noise and Sound Permit” http://www.houstontx.gov/council/committees/pshs/20130625/noiseand sound.pdf.
- Portable Toilet
- Leisure Programs
- Professional Filming/Photograph
- Closed Use Permits Policy
- Sports Field Permit Policy
Hermann Park: Lowe Pavilion and Buddy Curruth Pavilion
These pavilions are available during the following hours only:
November – April: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
May – October: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.; and 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
ACTIVITIES GUIDE & CLASS CATALOG
H.P.A.R.D.’s Summer Activities Guide & Class Catalog is available online now! Check out the listings for recreation, fitness, and educational opportunities you and your family can take part in!
REQUESTS FOR PUBLIC RECORDs
Houston Parks and Recreation Department
2999 S. Wayside Drive
Houston, TX 77023
Recreation and Wellness
- ADAPTIVE SPORTS AND RECREATION
- ADULT SPORTS/SPORTS LEAGUES AND RECREATION
- AFTER-SCHOOL ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM (A.S.A.P.)
- AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM (A.S.E.P.)
- AFTER-SCHOOL MEAL PROGRAM (A.S.M.P.)
- COMMUNITY CENTERS
- FITNESS CENTERS / GYMS
- SENIOR SPORTS AND RECREATION
- TENNIS CENTERS
- YOUTH SPORTS AND RECREATION
Permits and Reservations
- Jun. 5 - Summer Food Service Program
- May 25 - Summer Swim Season Kicks Off
HPARD Calendar of Events