Keep Houston Safe
What is “Keep Houston SAFE?”
Keep Houston SAFE is a citywide public safety campaign involving a collaborative partnership between citizens, businesses, and the Houston Police Department. The main focus of the campaign is crime prevention and the implementation of proactive enforcement efforts and measures aimed at the reduction of criminal incidents, rather than responding to them after they have occurred. Simply, the goal of the Keep Houston SAFE campaign is to prevent crime.
Crime Prevention requires the active cooperation of all members of the community. The Houston Police Department is working hard to catch the “bad guys” and put them behind bars, but we are counting on you, the citizens, to work together in the fight against crime. In fact, the Houston Police Department believes this team effort is so important that it is mentioned in the department’s mission statement, which states in part, that the department will strive to enhance the quality of life in the city of Houston by working cooperatively with the public to prevent crime.
HOUSTON is a dynamic city with hard-working citizens who want a safe city. We need everyone to become involved and be energized in their efforts to protect themselves, family, and hard-earned property.
Join the Houston Police Department’s crime fighting team to Keep Houston SAFE!
How can citizens help “Keep Houston SAFE?”
By pledging and practicing basic crime prevention, citizens will reduce the opportunities criminals look for when targeting a crime victim. Crime prevention starts with each person, family, and home. If we all do our part to fight crime and make it as hard as possible for a criminal to identify a crime victim, we are helping to Keep Houston SAFE.
The positive result is the reduction of crime and a safer Houston. Take the time to review the crime prevention material provided by the Houston Police Department. Sign the “Keep Houston SAFE” pledge form and become a part of the solution. Remember that Crime Prevention starts with you.
Crime Prevention is the anticipation, recognition, and appraisal of a crime risk and the initiation of some action to remove or reduce it.
Crime Prevention Materials:
- A Parent's Guide To Child Safety English | Chinese | Korean | Spanish | Vietnamese | video
- Back to School Safety
- Burglary Prevention for your Home English | Chinese | Korean | Spanish | Vietnamese | video
- Burglary Prevention for you Vehicle English | Chinese | Korean | Spanish | Vietnamese | video
- Child Car Safety Seats
- Crime Prevention Manuals English | Spanish
- Cyber Safety English | Spanish
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Holiday Safety Brochure
- ID Safety
- Identity English| Chinese | Korean | Vietnamese
- Identity Theft Prevention & Victim Information from Financial Crimes Unit
- 10 Ways to Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Parking of Vehicles in Residential Areas
- Personal Safety English | Chinese | Korean | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Police and Citizen Interaction English | Spanish
- Robbery English| Chinese | Korean | Spanish | Vietnamese | video
- Senior Citizens Crime Prevention English | Chinese | Korean
- Sexual Assault Prevention
- Stop Bullying
- Summer Safety for Kids
- Surviving An Active Shooter
- Traffic Stop Procedure English | Vietnamese
- Volunteer Safety Cards
Report suspected gang activity/information to the Gang Division tip line:
By pledging and practicing basic crime prevention for your business and business community. Business owners and property management companies are the key figures to incorporate the Keep Houston SAFE campaign at their business or on their properties. Take the time to review the crime prevention material provided by the Houston Police Department. If all the businesses and properties do their part in basic crime prevention, we all become one team in the fight against crime.
Commercial Crime Prevention:
Take the “Keep Houston SAFE” Pledge
I pledge to do my part to “Keep Houston SAFE” by practicing basic crime prevention tips and reporting all suspicious activity to the Houston Police Department.
Send All Forms To:
Houston Police Department
Keep Houston SAFE Campaign
1200 Travis, Suite 2100
Houston, Texas, 77002
For more information on how to join or be a part of the “Keep Houston SAFE” campaign, please contact the department’s Public Affairs Division at 713-308-3200.