BARC Animal Shelter & Adoptions
BARC is committed to reuniting lost pets with their owners as quickly as possible. Lost pet owners may visit BARC at 3200 Carr St, Houston, TX 77026, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., seven days a week, to look for their pets. BARC is closed on city-observed holidays; view a full list here: www.houstontx.gov/events/cityholidays.html.
A valid driver’s license, or ID is required to enter the facility
- If your pet is currently microchipped, we suggest contacting your microchip company to ensure all contact information is up to date.
- Search through any neighborhood community apps or websites such as NextDoor, Pawboost, or Facebook to see if anyone has found your pet locally.
- Register your lost pet on www.24petconnect.com to get daily emails of found pets in the area that match your pet’s description.
- You can search through photos of BARC’s animals on www.24petconnect.com under the “Lost My Pet” section.
- You can also search through the “Adopt A Pet” section on www.24petconnect.com, just to be sure you search in as many places as possible. This website is updated hourly with new animals. Please make sure to search through ALL the dogs or cats with no filters to ensure you can view all pets.
- If you believe you located your pet on www.24petconnect.com please visit our shelter immediately and email the BARC Animal ID number of your pet to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3-1-1.
- Also consider looking at other shelter agencies such as Harris County Pets, Houston SPCA, or Houston Humane Society, just to name a few.
In addition to these items, we also recommend visiting BARC regularly to check to see if your pet was brought to our facility. Upon arrival, you will be required to show proof of your missing pet prior to entering our kennels.
Valid proof of ownership would be considered as photos of yourself with the pet, veterinary records, bill of sale, or a notice from Animal Enforcement.
Our customer service team will provide you with details on the redemption process for your missing pet. Please note that BARC will never call you and request payments over the phone at any time.
- Provide proof of ownership
- Mandatory microchip and sterilization
- Pay redemption fees:
$30 - $115 Registration $20 Rabies $10 Microchip $15 Sterilization $40 - $75 Vet Services $25 Boarding $12 per night
If you locate your missing pet, there will be applicable fees to cover the cost of your pet being under our care. In order to redeem your pet from BARC, you must fulfill the following requirements:
For more information regarding redemption, please refer to the City of Houston Municipal Ordinances at www.library.municode.com/tx/houston/codes/code_of_ordinances.
We understand this can be a stressful and worrying time. Remember to remain persistent, stay positive, and continue searching for your pet. In some cases, it may take time, but every step is crucial and will increase the chances of being reunited with your beloved companion.