Office of Business Opportunity
Title VI Prohibited Forms of Discrimination
City of Houston’s efforts to prevent discrimination include, but are not limited to prohibiting:
- The denial of services, financial aid, or other benefits provided under a program.
- Distinctions in the quality, quantity, or manner in which the benefit is provided.
- Segregation or separation of persons in any part of the program.
- Restriction in the enjoyment of any advantages, privileges, or other benefits provided to others.
- Different standards or requirements for participation.
- Methods of administration which directly or indirectly or through contractual relationships would defeat or impair the accomplishment of effective nondiscrimination.
- Discrimination in any activities or services related to a highway, infrastructure or facility built or repaired in whole or in part with federal funds.
- Discrimination in any employment resulting from a program or services, the primary purpose of which is to provide employment.