Office of Business Opportunity
The Office of Business Opportunity is committed to cultivating a competitive and diverse economic environment in the City of Houston by promoting the success of small businesses and developing Houston’s workforce, with special emphasis on historically underutilized businesses and disenfranchised individuals.
- Exporting Service Providers Information (.pdf)
- OBO Certification – Now completely online! (.pdf announcement)
- Mayor Turner Launches Liftoff Houston Start-Up Business Plan Competition, With Winners Receiving Cash Prizes
- Mayor Turner Announces National Small Business Week, With Special Focus On His Complete Communities Initiative
- Houston Has Lost a Passionate Advocate for Minority Businesses with the Passing of Houston City Council Member Larry Green
- HHF Application - Now Totally Online
- Hurricane Harvey Procurement Opportunities
- Hurricane Harvey Resources for Small Businesses
- Current Disparity Study
Certifications and Designations
Contract Compliance and Reporting
Reports, Directories, and Search Tools
About the Director
Carlecia D. Wright, is the Director for the Office of Business Opportunity. In April 2011, Ms. Wright was appointed by Mayor Parker to ensure that the City's small, minority, women-owned and disadvantaged business enterprises have meaningful participation in the city's procurement process.
Prior to her appointment, she worked for the City of New York's Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise Program, where she served as the Executive Director of Policy, Planning and Operations, as well as the Executive Director of Certification and Recruitment. More ...
About OBO - In Other Languages