SCAM ALERT – The City of Houston is not sending emails to request payment for parking citations.
Parking Management is a Division of the Administration & Regulatory Affairs Department. By servicing and maintaining 9,200 on-street parking spaces across the Greater Houston area, Parking Management creates sound regulations for all commercial and residential areas enhancing pedestrian safety, ensuring a smooth flow of traffic and allowing emergency vehicles to reach their destinations. Parking Management also encourages parking awareness while supporting public transit initiatives..
ParkHouston supports the City of Houston’s economic development by providing superior customer service, investing in cutting edge technologies, and actively collaborating with stakeholders. As a solution-focused division of the Administration and Regulatory Affairs Department, we service and maintain over 9,200 on-street parking spaces across the City. We create sound parking management strategies for commercial and residential areas that enhance pedestrian safety, ensure a smooth flow of traffic, and allow emergency vehicles to reach their destinations. ParkHouston also works to create more sustainable communities by reducing congestion and supporting alternative modes of transportation.
NOTICE: We have received information regarding a parking citation SCAM. Please note that the City of Houston Parking Management Division does not request payment via email or by postcard. If you have received this, you can check for any open parking citations at https://houstonparking.t2hosted.com/cmn/index.aspx or please contact the Houston Help Line at 713.837.0311 (3-1-1).
Like many communities, the City of Houston strategically places parking meters in areas where parking is in high demand. By managing curb-space, meters allow more drivers to easily find parking and identify spaces designated for public use. Meters also help create parking turnover by keeping spaces from being used for extended periods. On-street and lot meter durations, rates and times vary according to the time demand at each location. Meter durations range from 30 minutes to 10 hours, depending on parking needs. Rates also vary and are predetermined according to parking studies performed before meters are installed.
- February 16, 2016 -- ParkHouston Launches Downtown Parking Meter Upgrade
- Manage over 9,000 parking meter spaces throughout the City to support mobility and manage the infrastructure
- Promote economic development through the management of public parking spaces
- Develop Neighborhood Parking Management Plans to implement solutions to address neighborhood parking issues
- Assist neighborhoods with chronic commuter parking problems through the Residential Permit Parking program
- Promote public safety through the promotion of parking compliance and enforcement
- Operate 19 surface parking lots
- Educate neighborhoods on public safety and parking regulations through the Know Parking Program
- Collect and manage parking meter revenue, parking permit revenue and parking fines
- Provide timely communications and superior customer service
- Protect the rights of the disabled community by training and empowering volunteers to issue parking citations
- Contribute to community improvements through Parking Benefit Districts
- Responsible for the administration of on-street regulations in Chapter 26.
- International Parking Institute Accredited Parking Organization with Distinction
- Texas Parking and Transportation Association 2017 Parking Technology and Equipment Award for T2 Parking Management System and 311 Integration
- Texas Parking and Transportation Association 2017 Employee of the Year
- Texas Parking and Transportation Association 2017 Distinguished Service Award
- Installed the nation’s first public Art Parking Meters
- Offered an alternative mode of transportation with the Midtown Car Share Pilot Program
- Launched the ParkHouston app for mobile payments
- Refreshed the parking pay stations in Downtown with the pay-by-plate feature
- Renovated the parking lots adjacent to the University of Houston Downtown with new striping, signage and lighting
- Redesigned and renovated the parking lot at Municipal Courts to improve mobility on Memorial Drive and improve the customer experience
- In partnership with the Department of Public Works and Engineering, added on-street ADA compliant parking spaces in the Central Business District, Midtown and East Downtown.
- Rehabilitated seven parking lots under the Pierce Elevated; improving safety in the area
- Implemented an Ambassador Training Program for staff
- Established the first citizen-led Parking Commission in the state of Texas.
- Named Municipal Parking Organization of the Year for 2007 by the International Parking Institute.
APO With Distinction
ParkHouston App Now Available
ParkHouston partners with Zipcar to offer car-share in on-street spaces – sign up now at www.zipcar.com.
Contact Parking Mgmt
Parking Management Division
Houston, TX 77003
- Parking Management Home Page
- Accessible Parking
- Forms and Applications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Info / Contact Us
- News / Press
- Parking Meter Information
- Parking Permits
- Parking Tips
- Pay A Citation
- Residential Parking Permits
- Resolve A Citation
- Resolve A Citation - Espanol (.pdf)
- Violation Codes
- Volunteer Parking Enforcement
- Washington Avenue PBD