HHA Fountain View Project
The Houston Housing Authority has announced plans to construct a 233-unit, four story apartment complex at 2640 Fountain View using low-income housing tax credits at a cost of $215,000 per apartment unit.
There will be a public meeting to discuss this project on Wednesday, March 9 at 6:00pm at Briargrove Elementary School Auditorium, located at 6145 San Felipe St., Houston, TX 77057. All interested residents are invited to attend.
HHA Contact Information:
Telephone: (713) 260-0705
In addition, you can reach HHA’s President and CEO, Tory Gunsolley, at: email@example.com or (713) 260-0501
Project Specific Website: http://hhadevelopment.com/ (site has some elevation views/renderings and an FAQs)
There is also a website maintained by a citizens’ group that has additional information about the project and the growing opposition of the community thereto: http://www.stopfountainviewproject.org/
Council Member Travis opposes this project, as does Congressman John Culberson, State Senator Joan Huffman, State Representative Jim Murphy, and HISD Trustee Harvin Moore. Each has written a letter outlining their objections to this project:
- Council Member Greg Travis
- Congressman John Culberson
- John Culberson for Congress Campaign
- State Senator Joan Huffman
- State Representative Jim Murphy
- HISD Trustee Harvin Moore
- High Opportunity Areas Map
- HUD's Own Study
- A Summary Overview of Moving to Opportunity: A Random Assignment Housing Mobility Study in Five U.S. Cities, Abstract http://www.nber.org/mtopublic/MTO%20Overview%20Summary.pdf (This one summarizes the 287 page report).
- Moving to Opportunity for Fair Housing Demonstration Program, Interim Impacts Evaluation https://www.huduser.gov/Publications/pdf/MTOfullreport.pdf (This is the 287 page report).
- Sociology’s Revenge: Moving to Opportunity (MTO) Revisited: http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/social-mobility-memos/posts/2015/05/06-moving-to-opportunity-revisited-rothwell# (Commentary and Summary).
- HUD’s Own Study Dashes Utopian Dream of Cross-Neighborhood Prosperity http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/hud-study-reveals-blacks-dont-benefit-economically-from-neighborhood-relocation/ (Commentary and Summary)