Apply for Certification | Certification Overview | Certification Benefits | Pre-Certification Workshops | Certification Process | DBE & ACDBE Certification | Applications and Forms | Certified Firm Directory
Due to the volume of certification applications, the average processing time for local applications is 6 – 8 months. We are working diligently to process your application and appreciate your patience.
Office of Business Opportunity
Pre-Certification Workshop and Q&A Signups
We encourage you to take advantage of the on-demand Pre-Certification Workshops, available on YouTube in English and Spanish, via the links below. However, if you would like to attend a Virtual Pre-Certification Workshop, please sign up via the form below.
- On-Demand Pre-Certification Workshops in English and Spanish (No registration required; see links below)
- If you have questions after you have viewed the online workshops, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 832.393.0600 (Option 1).
- Certification Workshop in English (YouTube video, May 2021)
- Certification Workshop in Spanish (YouTube video, May 2021)
- Downloadable Copy: Certification Workshop Presentation in English (.pdf, updated July 2021)
- Downloadable Copy: Certification Workshop Presentation in Spanish (.pdf, updated July 2021)
- Downloadable PDF Copies of the Pre-Certification Workshop presentations (for reference while completing the application process)
- Virtual Pre-Certification Workshops (via Microsoft TEAMS; will allow for Q&A) held every first and third Tuesday of each month (except for Holidays and City closures) at 2:00pm. Please check your email for a virtual meeting invitation on Tuesday before your scheduled workshop.
- Live Pre-Certification Workshop held every third Tuesday of each month at 611 Walker, 7th floor Houston, Texas 77002 (except for Holidays and City closure) at 2:00pm. Must register for Live Pre-Certification Workshop on the OBO Pre-Certification Workshop Registration.
Please complete the form below and your responses will be forwarded to the appropriate Certification team member.