Solid Waste Management Department
Neighborhood Depositories & Recycling Centers
Working to make Houston a cleaner, greener place to live...
... right in your neighborhood!
Starting December 30, 2017 hours will change to the following
Houstonians may use the depositories up to four times per month. Citizens are encouraged to arrive at least 30 minutes before closing time to allow adequate time to unload. Each user must provide the following as proof of residency:
- A Current Texas Driver's License or current ID and
- A current utility bill or city property tax receipt. Addresses and names on all presented documents must match Texas Driver's License or ID.
*Electronic records are NOT accepted.
- NO PETS allowed on premises.
Residents who wish to discard TreeWaste/Junk Waste before their scheduled once-per-month pickup may use one of six neighborhood depository locations.Neighborhood Depository/Recycling Centers Rules and Regulations
|> Depository Rules and Regulations (.pdf)|
|> Depository Rules and Regulations - SPANISH (.pdf)|
|> Learn more about additional Houston Area Disposal facilities.|
|> VIEW MAP featuring depository/recycling centers citywide.|
- North - 9003 N Main 77022
- Northwest - 14400 Sommermeyer 77041
- Northeast - 5565 Kirkpatrick 77028
- Southeast - 2240 Central Street 77017
- South - 5100 Sunbeam 77033
- Southwest - 10785 SW Freeway 77074
The Neighborhood Depositories/Recycling Centers accept the following recyclable materials:
- Ad inserts
- Aerosol Cans
- Aluminum Cans
- Cartons - shelf stable and refrigerated
- Clothing and Shoes - Three (3) locations only:
º Neighborhood Depository & Recycling Center - 2240 Central
º Neighborhood Depository & Recycling Center - 9003 N. Main
º Westpark Recycling Center - 5900 Westpark
- Glass bottles and Jars
- Plastics #1-#5 and #7
(toys, packing materials, flower pots, styrofoam, or plastic furniture are not accepted)
- Steel cans
- Telephone Books
- Tin cans
- Up to five (5) automobile tires (Rims Not Accepted) per month, per household
Neighborhood Recycling Drop-off LocationsLocations where City of Houston residents may drop-off their recycling for proper handling. Visit each site link for details and accepted materials.
Visit the Electronics Recycling page for a listing of accepted materials and facilities where residents may properly recycle their electoronics.
Additional Facility Information
Facility where building materials may be donated and reused in new non-profit projects.
Proper disposal of materials is key to a healthy, clean environment. Visit each link for additional information.
Neighborhood depositories will not accept household garbage, more than five (5) tires per month, per household, and large quantities of building materials.
Trash from commercial haulers or brought in a commercial vehicle (business or rented commercial) will not be accepted.
Additional Disposal Resources