The city grants employees the following paid holidays each year:
2023 Holiday Schedule
- New Year’s Day - Monday, January 2
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 16
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 29
- Juneteenth Day - Monday June 19
- Independence Day - Tuesday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, September 4
- Veterans Day - Friday, November 10
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 23
- Day After Thanksgiving - Friday, November 24
- Christmas Eve - Friday, December 22
- Christmas - Monday, December 25
Plus one (1) floating holiday granted for Municipal and Classified Police employees and one (1) floating holiday granted for Fire Fighters designated as the "September 11th" Floating Holiday according to guidelines established and administered by the Administration for each calendar year.
The floating holiday for any year is not available to employees hired on or after July 1st. Those employees will be eligible for floating holidays in subsequent years. The floating holiday must be used by Dec. 31 of each year.