Calendar of Classes
Click each panel below for more information.
New Employee Orientation is now offered virtually on Microsoft Teams. For more NEO resources click here.
Per Administrative Policy 3-33, all newly hired employees, or those rehired and have not successfully completed an HR sponsored new employee orientation within the twelve months prior to the rehire date, are required to attend.
View the upcoming schedule of sessions below. If you are a new employee be sure to select the session closest to but after your start/Report to Work date. To register click a session and fill out the requested information. After submitting the information you will receive further instructions.
|October||Wednesday, October 6, 2021||9/29/2021|
|Wednesday, October 20, 2021||10/13/2021|
The Orientation will run from 8:30am – 3:15 pm. Your calendar invitation will show a start time of 8:00 am. This is so you can access the event and get signed in to ensure you receive credit.
There will be a 30-minute lunch near the middle of the day.
1. To receive credit for your attendance, you will be required to sign-in and sign out.
2. Sign in instructions will be located in the live event Q&A panel.
3. Any sign-in after 8:40 am will not be accepted.
4. Failure to sign-in and out will result in an “unsuccessful” completion and you will be required to attend the next orientation.
1. The city-wide New Employee Orientation will be on the MS Teams Live Event Platform. You can access the event from Chrome, the Teams app on your pc, or use your phone’s browser A calendar invitation with the access link will be sent to the email address provided no later than the Friday prior to the orientation. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive it.
2. Please join at a minimum of 15 minutes early to sign-in and ensure access to the orientation.
The following resources are available for download at NEO Resources:
1. Municipal Employee Guidebook
2. New Employee Orientation Helpful Information
3. Employee Benefits Handbook
If you have any difficulty gaining access, contact us immediately:
1. New Employee Orientation Inbox – firstname.lastname@example.org
2. New Employee Orientation Phone – (832)395-4890.
New Supervisor Orientation is a program developed by the Human Resources Department to provide new supervisors with relevant information in accordance with City of Houston Administrative Policy 3-33.
Similar to New Employee Orientation, this program consists of a 1-day instructor-led virtual training on Microsoft Teams and multiple e-learning courses to be completed through the Talent Management System (TMS).
View the schedule of upcoming New Supervisor Orientations below.
|October||Monday, October 4, 2021||9/29/2021|
|November||Monday, November 1, 2021||10/27/2021|
Who is required to complete the orientation?
- Newly hired civilian supervisors and City employees promoted to a supervisory position (new supervisors) within the City for the first time.
- City civilian supervisors rehired who have not successfully completed a new supervisor orientation within the 12-month period preceding the rehire date.
*Note: Does not apply to cadets in the Houston Police Department and the Houston Fire Department
How to register and complete the orientation
Registration information for each New Supervisor Orientation will be sent via email monthly. Registration will be completed within the Talent Management System (TMS). Once you are registered you will receive an Outlook Calendar invite to your work email address. Accept the Microsoft Teams Meeting Calendar invite.
*Note: There is a 45 minute lunch break during New Supervisor Orientation. We recommend you eat a lunch during this time.
- Microsoft Teams App
- PC or Laptop Computer (No smart phone or tablets)
- Computer Microphone & Speaker (Personal hearing devices are acceptable)
- Internet Access