- After-School Enrichment Program Sites – Monday to Friday 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
20 Community Centers are currently approved and operating the After-School Enrichment Program through May 14, 2021. The After-School Enrichment program operates Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm – 6:00pm. See flier below for locations and more details.
(After-School Enrichment Program Sites flier)
- The Curbside Meal Program for Youth Ages 1 to 18 – Monday to Friday 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
The Curbside Meal Program for youth is distributed at select sites. The program is available for children ages 1-18 provided they are in the vehicle. Meals include a snack and dinner and will be placed in vehicles for hands-free distribution.
(Curbside Meal Program Sites flier)
The Parks Department has reopened many of our facilities and amenities following a decline of COVID-19 cases in the Houston area. After receiving guidance from Health and Medical experts, we have proceeded as follows – making sure that we observe C-D-C and N-R-P-A safety guidelines.
Currently open - (In compliance with CDC & NRPA guidelines for slowing the spread of COVID-19)
- Sports fields (Baseball/Softball – Youth and Adults)
- Sports fields for league games and tournaments for youth & adult baseball and softball
- Outdoor exercise stations
- Tennis courts for tournaments
- Small picnic pavilion rentals
- Small bootcamps
- Lake Houston Wilderness Park’s archery range and playground areas
- Other sports fields for league games & tournaments (soccer, football, and lacrosse fields – Youth & Adults)
- Basketball rim installations begin
- Soccer mini-pitch courts
- HPARD adult sports
- HPARD youth sports (Soccer for Success, H-Town Academy, and GHPAL)
The following amenities will remain closed until further notice:
- 40 Community Centers
NOTE: Currently Community Centers remain closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check our
website periodically for updates as it relates to the Summer Enrichment Program.
- Swimming pools
- Metropolitan Multi-Service Center (except for outdoor activities)
- North Wayside Sports Center
- Lake Houston Wilderness Park’s dining hall, group camping sites, and group lodges
We again urge everyone vising our parks to follow C-D-C and N-R-P-A safety guidelines for COVID-19 – including getting vaccinated, washing your hands, social distancing, and staying home if you are feeling ill.
PARKS ACTIVITIES, FACILITIES ...
Parks Department Weather Related Closures
Cullen Park – All Phases of the park are open; however, all restrooms will remain closed due to freeze damage until repairs are completed.
50/50 Park Partners
The 50/50 Park Partners campaign is a call to action by the Mayor’s Office, Houston Parks Board, Greater Houston Partnership, and the H.P.A.R.D.
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is proud to partner with Mayor Sylvester Turner and the Houston Health Department.
Eastwood Park Master Plan and Harrisburg Trail Improvements Surveys
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department, in conjunction with Harrisburg Redevelopment Authority is conducting a survey on possible amenities and park activities for Eastwood Park located within East End, as well as possible improvements to Harrisburg Bike Trail.
Please utilize the links below to the two surveys to share your input and vision for the park and the trail.
Eastwood Park Master Plan Survey
- (English): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/eastwoodparkmasterplan
- (Español): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/eastwoodparkmasterplan?lang=es
Harrisburg Trail Improvements Survey
- (English): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/harrisburgtrail
- (Español): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/harrisburgtrail?lang=es
Your input is important and will guide the TIRZ and the City of Houston on future park development. Please make your voice heard! Survey ends Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 11:59 pm Central Time.
Questions or comments? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ROUTINE MAINTENANCE / REPAIR AND IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- Alief Park Closed For Renovation - February 7, 2020 – Early 2022
- Brock Park Golf Course - June 7, 2016 - Until Further Notice
- Burnett-Bayland Park Playground – July 20. 2020 – Until Further Notice
- Heights and White Oak Bayou Trails - February 27 – Until Further Notice
- Hermann Park Same Houston Statue - June 1 – Until Further Notice
- Keegan’s Bayou Trail - September 2016 - Until Further Notice
- Kendall Community Center – September 2017 – Until Further Notice
- Memorial Park Green Trail - January 29, 2016 - Until Further Notice
- Portions of Milby Park – August 7, 2017 – Until Further Notice
- Sagemont Community Center Gymnasium - October 30, 2017 - Until Further Notice
- Tanglewood Dog Park – June 11 – Until Further Notice
- Waldemar Park Closed For Renovation – May 11, 2020 – Until Further Notice