PARKS ACTIVITIES, FACILITIES ...
- Winter and Spring Recreation Catalog Available Now
Autumn and winter are great times to experience everything the Houston Parks and Recreation Department has to offer. Explore the beauty of nature and the great outdoors at spectacular Lake Houston Wilderness Park. Your youngsters can expand their horizons in our after school enrichment program. There are senior programs, skateparks, a youth tennis program, water fitness classes and much more. Many of our autumn-winter activities are free! Find out how the Houston Parks and Recreation Department can help turn this time of year into fun and excitement for you and your family. Check out our latest catalog and sign up for your favorite winter and spring fun activities.
- Arbor Day 2020 - The Houston Parks and Recreation Department will hold its 34th Annual Arbor Day Tree Planting Celebration on January 25, 2020 at TC Jester Park, 4201 TC Jester Blvd, beginning at 9:00am. Volunteers are needed to help plant 3,000 trees to increase the green canopy of Houston’s urban forest. Contact Oneika.Shelby@houstontx.gov for details.
- Memorial Park Parking - For information on parking including the location of free parking spaces at Memorial Park, please visit the Conservancy website by clicking here. You may also contact the Conservancy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bethel Church Historic Site - Historic Bethel Church is open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am - 2:00pm with a site monitor to control access. Pets are prohibited. The historic site, although owned by Houston Parks, is not a “park” and does not operate as a park space. Visitors interested in site tours, professional photography, weddings and other related uses are encouraged to contact the HPARD Permits office at 832-394-8804 and 832-394-8805 for more information.
- Tree Recycle - Give your old Christmas tree a second life by recycling it at one of our twenty-five drop-off locations. To find a location near you visit Houston Public Works at https://www.houstontx.gov/solidwaste/tree2020.html
CLOSED OR UNDER REPAIR / CONSTRUCTION
ROUTINE MAINTENAINCE / REPAIR AND IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- Brays Bayou Trail (Scott Street & Tierwester Pedestrian Bridge) - Nov 2015 - Until Further Notice
- Brock Park Golf Course - June 7, 2016 - Until Further Notice
- Cottage Grove Park – October 8 – Until Further Notice
- Freeway Manor Park – December 3 – 13, 2019
- Heights and White Oak Bayou Trails - February 27 – Until Further Notice
- Keegan’s Bayou Trail - September 2016 - Until Further Notice
- Kendall Community Center – September 2017 – Until Further Notice
- Little Thicket Park – January 7, 2020 – Summer 2020
- Memorial Park Green Trail - January 29, 2016 - Until Further Notice
- Oak Forest Park- October 21, 2019 – March, 2020
- Portions of Milby Park – August 7, 2017 – Until Further Notice
- Proctor Plaza Park Ballfield and Tennis Court Lights – January 16, 2019 – Until Further Notice
- Rosewood Park – April 4, 2019 – Until Further Notice
- Sagemont Community Center Gymnasium - October 30, 2017 - Until Further Notice