- After-School Enrichment Program Sites – Monday to Friday 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
20 Community Centers are currently approved and operating the After-School Enrichment Program through May 14, 2021. The After-School Enrichment program operates Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm – 6:00pm. See flier below for locations and more details.
(After-School Enrichment Program Sites flier)
- The Curbside Meal Program for Youth Ages 1 to 18 – Monday to Friday 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
The Curbside Meal Program for youth is distributed at select sites. The program is available for children ages 1-18 provided they are in the vehicle. Meals include a snack and dinner and will be placed in vehicles for hands-free distribution.
(Curbside Meal Program Sites flier)
The Parks Department has reopened many of our facilities and amenities following a decline of COVID-19 cases in the Houston area. After receiving guidance from Health and Medical experts, we have proceeded as follows making sure that we observe CDC and NRPA safety guidelines.
ONLINE REGISTRATION BEGINS – SUMMER ENRICHMENT PROGRAM
Monday, May 10, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- 20 of HPARD’s larger Community Centers will offer the Summer Enrichment program (download pdf of locations)
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, staff to child ration is 1:8 to ensure 6-ft. social distance spacing
- Program schedule June 14 – August 20, 2021 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm)
- Ages 6-13
- Cost $30 per child per week
- Frequently Asked Questions (download pdf)
- To register visit https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/houstonparks/home?onlineSiteId=0&from_original_cui=true
(In compliance with CDC & NRPA guidelines for slowing the spread of COVID-19)
- All parks and trails
- Benches and picnic tables
- Outdoor exercise stations*
- Dog parks
- 20 community centers for After-School Programs
- Golf courses*
- Tennis courts*
- Disc golf courses
- Croquet court
- After-School Program
- Curbside Meal Program
- Volleyball courts
- Alkek Velodrome
- Soccer mini-pitch courts
- Basketball courts
- Sport fields for league, practice, and tournaments
- HPARD adult sports leagues
- HPARD youth sports (Soccer for Success, H-town Academy and GHPAL)
- Outdoor area rentals* up to 15 guests
- Small bootcamps* up to 15 guests
- Lake Houston Wilderness Park (LHWP) overnight camping*
- LHWP archery range* and playground areas*
*with restrictions in place
REOPENING TARGET DATE – MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2021
- Summer Enrichment Program* at 20 community centers
- Senior Activity Centers* at 8 community centers
- Weight rooms* at 9 community centers
- Fitness rooms* at 2 community centers
- Gymnasiums* at 19 community centers
- Memorial Fitness Center*
- Metropolitan Multi-Service Center*
- North Wayside Sports & Recreation Center*
- Increasing outdoor area rentals* up to 30 guests
- Increasing leisure programs/bootcamps* up to 30 guests
- LHWP large group camping sites and group lodges
*with restrictions in place
- 40 Community Centers (20 Opening for After-School on June 14)
- Swimming Pools
- Metropolitan Multi-Center - except for outdoor activities (Opening June 14)
- North Wayside Sports Center (opening June 14th)
- Lake Houston Wilderness Park’s dining hall, group camping sites, and group lodges (OPENING June 14th)
We again urge everyone visiting out parks to follow CDC and NRPA safety guidelines for COVID-19, including getting vaccinated, washing your hands, social distancing, and staying home if you feel ill.
PARKS ACTIVITIES, FACILITIES ...
Parks Department Weather Related Closures
Cullen Park – All Phases of the park are open; however, all restrooms will remain closed due to freeze damage until repairs are completed.
50/50 Park Partners
The 50/50 Park Partners campaign is a call to action by the Mayor’s Office, Houston Parks Board, Greater Houston Partnership, and the H.P.A.R.D.
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is proud to partner with Mayor Sylvester Turner and the Houston Health Department.
Bethel Church Historic Site
Historic Bethel Church is open to the public on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. with a site monitor to control access. Pets are prohibited. The historic site, although owned by Houston Parks, is not a “park” and does not operate as a park space. Visitors interested in site tours, professional photography, weddings and other related uses are encouraged to contact the HPARD Permits office at 832-394-8804 and 832-394-8805 for more information.
ROUTINE MAINTENANCE / REPAIR AND IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- Alief Park Closed For Renovation - February 7, 2020 – Early 2022
- Brock Park Golf Course & Brock Adventure Park - June 7, 2016 - Until Further Notice
- Kendall Community Center – September 2017 – Until Further Notice
- MKT Bridge – August 2020– Until Further Notice
- Sagemont Community Center Gymnasium - October 30, 2017 - Early 2022
- Waldemar Park Closed For Renovation – May 11, 2020 – Until Further Notice