Administration and Regulatory Affairs
Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) / Small Cell System Network Nodes
Companies seeking to install DAS/small cell network nodes in the City’s right-of-way or utility easements are required to comply with both Chapter 284 of the Local Government Code and Article XXI, Chapter 40 of the City of Houston’s Code of Ordinances. An application form must be submitted to the Houston Public Works Department for wireless facilities, ground equipment, and/or poles. The applicable right-of-way and transport facilities fees shall be invoiced annually in December by the Administration and Regulatory Affairs Department.
- Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 284
- City of Houston Code of Ordinances, Article XXI, Chapter 40
- Application Form for Plan Review-Wireless Facility, Ground Equipment, and/or Licensee Pole
- City of Houston Infrastructure Design Manual
- City of Houston Default Design Standards for Design Districts
- Design District-specific Design Standards: None as of 03.01.2018. Please check with Houston Public Works for updates.
- Approved Design Districts:
- Houston Downtown Management District
- East Downtown Management District
- Energy Corridor Management District
- Greater East End Management District
- Hobby Area Management District
- Memorial Management District
- Midtown Management District
- North Houston District
- Upper Kirby Management District
- Reinvestment Zone No. 16 (Uptown Management District)
- Westchase Area Management District
Questions or concerns regarding site applications or applicability of Design District design standards should be addressed to the City Engineer’s Office, Richard Smith at 832-394-9137 or Kathlie Bulloch at 832-394-9138.