Our mission is to efficiently deliver accurate, reliable and timely payroll and financial services to our customers through the efforts of a highly dedicated staff committed to outstanding customer service that strives for continuous zero-error performance.
- Drive Payroll Citywide Through Best Practices & Procedures
- Process Biweekly Payroll Checks for All 23,000+ City Employees
- Manage Complex Payroll Systems Addressing Issues of Multiple Meet & Confer Agreements, Multiple Pensions, Tax Administration, Production, Payroll Posting, Garnishments and Reconciliations
- Manage Production & System Upgrade Projects
- Interface with Departmental Payroll Timekeeping Sections
- Prepare required employer reporting to Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Social Security Administration (SSA), Texas Workers Compensation (TWC) and Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Provide Employees with Accurate & Timely W-2 Statements
- Provide "Central Payroll Help Desk" for all City Employees
Payroll Forms (.pdf)
- Current IRS W-4 Form (updated 01.13.2014)
- Duplicate W-2 Request Form
- Payroll Deductions Form
- Direct Deposit Form
Use this phone number and email address to get support for your payroll questions:
City of Houston Kronos Time and Attendance System
In November of 2011, the City of Houston completed the implementation of the Kronos Time and Attendance System. This automated time collection system is used by every employee in the City and is the system of record for all payroll time collection.
For further information and resources, visit our Kronos web page.