Administration and Regulatory Affairs
The City of Houston’s Payroll Services Division is responsible for the remuneration of over 22,000 City of Houston employees biweekly. Included in this responsibility is ensuring employee time and attendance are accurately recorded and that employees are paid the wages to which they are entitled; tax remittances are properly paid to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS); garnishments are properly deducted from employee wages and remitted to the appropriate parties; reports are submitted accurately and timely to the IRS, Social Security Administration (SSA), Texas Department of Insurance – Division of Workers Compensation (TWC) and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS); accrued leave payouts due to terminations, resignations, retirements and employee deaths are promptly and accurately processed; and accurate W-2 statements are distributed as promptly as possible before the January 31 deadline.
Payroll support is available Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM at 832.393.8900 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CITY OF HOUSTON TIME & ATTENDANCE SYSTEM
The City of Houston’s Time & Attendance System website is located at https://coh.kronos.net/wfc/logon/.
For assistance regarding resetting your password or how to perform a certain function, please contact the Payroll Help Desk at 832.393.8900 or email@example.com.
For assistance regarding Java issues or browser compatibility, please contact the Houston Information Technology Services (HITS) help desk at 832.394.4487 or HITSCustomerServiceCenter@houstontx.gov.
Non-exempt employees, the quick time stamp website is located at https://coh.kronos.net/wfc/applications/wtk/html/ess.
The TeleTime application can be accessed at 1.844.268.5412 to clock in and out by telephone. Employees must have Director approval to be able to clock their time by phone. Department Directors wishing to enable Teletime access for their department may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City’s Electronic Timekeeping Policy is located at http://www.houstontx.gov/adminpolicies/2-4.pdf.
The Employee Self Service (ESS) Portal provides the following payroll functionalities:
- View your current and past remuneration statements
- Update to your direct deposit banking instructions
- Update your W-4 withholding instructions
- View you current and past W-2 earnings statements
- View your current leave balance summary with estimated values
For copies of current or prior year W-2 earning statements, please complete the form located at http://www.houstontx.gov/ara/payrollforms/duplicate-w2.pdf and fax to 832-393-8520.
PAYROLL FORMS (PDF)
- Current IRS W-4 Form (updated 01.05.2015) – this may now be updated at the ESS website
- Duplicate W-2 Request Form (updated 11.03.2014)
- Payroll Deductions Form (updated 04.15.2015)
- Direct Deposit Form – this may now be updated at the ESS website
- Death Termination Pay Beneficiary Designation Form – be sure your designated beneficiary receives your termination pay as soon as possible in the event of your untimely death. Complete and submit to the HR Department
TIME & ATTENDANCE SYSTEM MANUALS
TIME & ATTENDANCE SYSTEM JOB AIDS
Job aids are one or two page documents with simple instructions and examples for everyday tasks (.pdf).
- Time Clocks for Badge Swipe Employees
- TeleTime for Employees
- Timestamp and Quick Time Stamp Employee Tasks
- Attendance and Leave for Supervisors
- SWM Attendance Editor
- Daily Tasks for Supervisors
- Requesting Time Off
- Approving Time Off
- Approving Individual Time Cards
- First Time Employee Log-In (updated 12.23.2013)
- Approving Timecards
- Building Hyperfind Queries
- Comp Time Aging Report
- Comp Time Payout Monitor
- Overtime and Paid Comp Time Report
- Accrued Holiday Aging Report
- Delegation of Authority
- Cancel Meal Deductions
KRONOS ONLINE LEARNING
Online learning tools are available at the City of Houston Learning Management System (LMS) located at http://lms.coh.gov. You must be logged into the City of Houston network in order to access the LMS application.
The following courses are available.
- Kronos User Training For Executives – This is a 45-minute course designed for managers with exempt direct reports.
- Kronos – Editing a Schedule Pattern
- Kronos – Scheduling without a Pattern Template
- Kronos – Assign Employee to Schedule Group
- Kronos – Change Schedule Pattern for a Future Date
To find these courses, visit http://lms.coh.gov and search for the course “Kronos” in “All Locations”.
- ARA Home Page
- Administrative Services
- BARC Animal Shelter and Adoptions
- Commercial Permitting
- Franchise Administration
- Insurance Management
- Parking Management
- Payroll Services
- Polices and Procedures (ARA Employees)
- Strategic Customer Initiatives
- Utility Regulation