2018 - 2019 Health Assessment Biometric Screenings
The deadline to complete your health assessment and save up to $900 on your medical plan is November 30, 2018.
Need biometrics?Go online and register at https://my.onsitehd.com/signup/city_of_houston. Once you have your biometric results, go to mycigna.com to complete your health assessment by November 30, 2018.
Houston's Healthiest Employer Award
The City of Houston Health and Wellness Program is honored to be selected as a Finalist in the Houston Business Journal’s Houston’s Healthiest Employer Award in the category for “Extra Large Employers” (5,000 or more total employees). We receive this designation with other distinguished employers such as Baylor College of Medicine, BP, Chevron, Harris Health System and more.
We could not have achieved this designation without the hard work of our employees like you who improved their overall health and wellbeing by participating in our various Health and Wellness Programs.
To thank our employees for helping us to reach this designation, the City of Houston has awarded all City of Houston Employees who completed the entire 2017-2018 Wellness Program (online health assessment and one wellness engagement option) with a Cigna Healthy Awards Account in the amount of $35.
Employees may utilize these funds for medical services such as physician visit copays, pharmacy claims, and inpatient/outpatient hospital facilities. Funds will expire April 30, 2019, so employees must utilize them prior to this date or the funds will be forfeited.
Please review these instructions below regarding your specific medical plan and how to utilize your Healthy Awards Account for specific medical expenses.Read more
Cigna Limited Plan
- All Services Provided by Physician Groups – Submit a Claim Reimbursement Form (paper or online; download a pdf of the form) to Cigna for eligible expenses paid with personal funds*
- Eligible Pharmacy Claims at Point of Sale - Healthy Awards Account funds will be deducted automatically; no need to submit a claim reimbursement form
- Inpatient/Outpatient services in a hospital facility – Healthy Awards Account funds will be deducted automatically; no need to submit a claim reimbursement form
*Cigna will pay back for eligible expense via check.
Cigna Consumer Driven Health Plan
- All Medical Services - Healthy Awards Account Funds will be automatically deducted AFTER you deplete your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funds
- Eligible Pharmacy Claims - Healthy Awards Account Funds will be automatically deducted AFTER you deplete your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funds
- All Medical Services – Healthy Awards Account funds will be deducted automatically; no need to submit a claim reimbursement form
- Eligible Pharmacy Claims at Point of Sale – Healthy Awards Account funds will be deducted automatically; no need to submit a claim reimbursement form
To access your Healthy Awards Account, check balances, and track transactions, login to MyCigna.com, hover over “Manage Claims & Balances” and click on “Balances & Account Transactions”.
For questions or assistance with your Healthy Awards Account, please contact an Onsite Cigna Representative at 832-393-6191, 832-393-6192 or 832-393-6193.
Onsite Lifestyle Management Programs
Spread the Wellness WordEmployee Wellness Advisory Council (EWAC)
The Employee Wellness Advisory Council (EWAC) creates an environment that supports healthy lifestyles and offers opportunities for employees to optimize their health and well-being. EWAC members represent a variety of departments within the City of Houston. The Council acts on behalf of departments not represented and will seek input from those departments through regular communication. All departments have an opportunity to have representation on the Council as members. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Employee Wellness Advisory Council please complete the online application in the resources section.
Wellness Connection thanks you for volunteering to create a culture of health and wellness within the City. Your motivation and enthusiasm will help others in leading healthier lifestyles.
Would you like to become more involved with employee wellness for your department? Wellness Connection offers opportunities for employees to Spread the Wellness Word!
Wellness Ambassadors play a vital role in supporting the mission of Wellness Connection. Because of the unique bond between them and their coworkers, Ambassadors have an advantage in motivating their colleagues to achieve a healthier lifestyle. Time commitment for Wellness Ambassadors is very minimal, estimated at two hours per month and two informational meetings per year.
2013 Well Workplace Gold Award - Wellness Councils of America
2012 American Heart Association Fit Friendly Awards