The City of Houston’s pretax supplemental insurance offerings help bridge the gap between your healthcare plan costs and out of pocket expenses. These plans, administrered by Continental American Insurance, deliver improved coverage while reducing the costs to you at the same time.
The Group Hospital Indemnity Plan, Group Critical Illness Plan and Group Accident Insuance can help protect you and your family against unexpected costs due to medical conditions and hospitalizations, planned or unplanned.
Group Hospital Indemnity
- One-time hospital admission benefit of $500
- $100 a day for ICU confinement (up to 30 days)
- $150 a day for hospital room confinement (up to 30 days)
- $125 for outpatient surgery
- $25 health screening benefit
Group Critical Illness with Cancer
- Up to a $20,000 lump sum is paid directly to you upon diagnosis
- Covers cancer, heart attack, stroke, coma, major organ transplant, kidney failure, burns, etc.
- Different illness occurrence payable at 100%, if six months apart/same illness reoccurrence benefits payable at 100%, if six months apart (12 months for cancer)
- $75 health screening benefit
- No lifetime limit on payout
Group Accident Insurance
- Helps cover the cost of expenses due to an accident such as: ambulance rides, emergency room visits, surgery and anesthesia, prescriptions, major diagnostic testing and burns.
- Benefits are paid directly to you, unless otherwise assigned.
- Coverage is guaranteed-issue (which means you may qualify for coverage without having to answer health questions).
- Benefits are paid regardless of any other medical insurance.
How do I enroll?
To enroll in a Continental American Insurance Supplemental plan either:
- Enroll online at www.wecareworks.com/wecare
- a) Log In Info:
- b) Case ID: C136
- c) User ID: Your Employee ID
- d) Password: Houston21
- Call Continental American Insurance Co. at 866-849-0011 for assistance.
Supplemental Insurance Plan Documents