The City of Houston’s supplemental insurance offerings sound too good to be true, but they’re not. These plans deliver improved coverage while reducing the cost to employees at the same time.
The plans include Group Hospital Indemnity and Group Critical Illness with Cancer. They will help protect you and your family against unexpected costs due to medical conditions and hospitalization.
Individual and family supplemental coverage may be a good fit for some employees who want extra financial protection.
Group Hospital Indemnity
- One-time hospital admission benefit of $500
- $100 a day for ICU confinement (up to 30 days)
- $150 a day for hospital room confinement (up to 30 days)
- $125 for outpatient surgery
- $25 health screening benefit
Group Critical Illness with Cancer
- Up to a $20,000 lump sum is paid directly to you upon diagnosis
- Covers cancer, heart attack, stroke, coma, major organ transplant, kidney failure, angioplasty/ stint, burns, etc.
- Different illness occurrence payable at 100 percent, if six months apart/Same illness reoccurrence benefits payable at 100 percent, if six months apart (12 months for cancer)
- $75 health screening benefit
- No lifetime limit on payout
Enrolling in a Supplemental Plan
- Enroll online at www.wecareworks.com/wecare
- Log In Info:
- Case ID: A932
- User ID: Your Employee ID
- Password: Houston19 (Case Sensitive)