The City of Houston’s pretax supplemental insurance offerings help bridge the gap between your healthcare plan costs and out of pocket expenses. These plans, administrered by Continental American Insurance, deliver improved coverage while reducing the costs to you at the same time.
The Group Hospital Indemnity Plan and Group Critical Illness Plan can help protect you and your family against unexpected costs due to medical conditions and hospitalizations, planned or unplanned.
Group Hospital Indemnity
The Group Hospital Indemnity Plan pays you based on associated treatment and procedures from hospital admissions, ER visits, and surgeries – and also provides a health screening benefit!
Examples of plan benefits (not an exhaustive list):
- $500: one-time hospital admission benefit
- $100: per day for ICU confinement (up to 30 days)
- $150: per day for hospital room confinement (up to 30 days)
- $125: one-time outpatient surgery benefit
- $25: health screening benefit
Group Critical Illness with Cancer
The Group Critical Illness Plan pays a lump sum benefit to you based upon the diagnosis or a major illness or procedure.
What you need to know:
- Up to a $20,000 lump sum payment is paid directly to you upon diagnosis
- Covers cancer, heart attack, stroke, coma, major organ transplant, kidney failure, angioplasty/stint, burns, and more
- Different illness occurrence is payable at 100%
- Reoccurrence benefits payable at 100% if 6 months apart from first occurrence
(12 months for cancer)
- $75: health screening benefit
- No lifetime maximum payout
How do I enroll?
To enroll in a Continental American Insurance Supplemental plan either:
- Enroll online at www.wecareworks.com/wecare
- a) Log In Info:
- b) Case ID: A932
- c) User ID: Your Employee ID
- d) Password: Houston19
- Call Continental American Insurance Co. at 866-849-0011 for assistance.