Getting your vision checked is more than just eyesight! Regular eye exams can assist in early detection of diabetes, hypertension, autoimmune disorders, cancer, and more.The City of Houston offers a comprehensive vision plan, through Superior Vision.
You have the freedom to choose a provider from a participating list that includes retail chains as well as independent practices. There are no deductibles and no claim forms to complete, unless you use a non-network provider. You will have to pay for those services up front and be reimbursed.
What you need to know:
- $20 copay for your annual routine eye exam
- $25 copay towards your annual eyeglasses or contact lenses
- - $150 retail allowance for frames
- - $150 retail allowance for contact lenses and lens fitting fee
- A one-time $300 LASIK allowance
Participating retail providers include:
- Sam’s Club
- Eye Care Centers of America
- Today’s Vision