The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a benefit provided by the City to employees and their family members. It is free and confidential and can assist employees to resolve personal and work problems, which may be impacting work performance. The EAP is an important resource for supervisors and for employees. A supervisor has the option to informally refer an employee to the EAP where the licensed counselors can provide assessment and appropriate referrals or provide counseling to help resolve personal and/or work problems.
The EAP offers internal counseling for employees who experience problems with work relationships or work performance. Appointments with the internal counselors are available by calling (832) 393-6510.
The external EAP Guidance Resources counselors are available for employees who experience problems with personal issues, planning for life events or simply managing daily life. The Guidance Resources is the single source for confidential support, expert information and valuable resources, when you need it the most. Call 855-378-7485 anytime, 24 hours a day – 7 days a week.
If you are interested in any training the EAP has to offer, please complete the training request form and fax your form to 832-395-9466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 832-393-6510. Your form will be reviewed within two weeks of receipt and you will be notified.
Houston's Healthiest Employer Award
The City of Houston Health and Wellness Program is honored to be selected as a Finalist in the Houston Business Journal’s Houston’s Healthiest Employer Award in the category for “Extra Large Employers” (5,000 or more total employees). We receive this designation with other distinguished employers such as Baylor College of Medicine, BP, Chevron, Harris Health System and more.
We could not have achieved this designation without the hard work of our employees like you who improved their overall health and wellbeing by participating in our various Health and Wellness Programs.
To thank our employees for helping us to reach this designation, the City of Houston has awarded all City of Houston Employees who completed the entire 2017-2018 Wellness Program (online health assessment and one wellness engagement option) with a Cigna Healthy Awards Account in the amount of $35.
Employees may utilize these funds for medical services such as physician visit copays, pharmacy claims, and inpatient/outpatient hospital facilities. Funds will expire April 30, 2019, so employees must utilize them prior to this date or the funds will be forfeited.
Please review these instructions below regarding your specific medical plan and how to utilize your Healthy Awards Account for specific medical expenses.Read more
Cigna Limited Plan
- All Services Provided by Physician Groups – Submit a Claim Reimbursement Form (paper or online; download a pdf of the form) to Cigna for eligible expenses paid with personal funds*
- Eligible Pharmacy Claims at Point of Sale - Healthy Awards Account funds will be deducted automatically; no need to submit a claim reimbursement form
- Inpatient/Outpatient services in a hospital facility – Healthy Awards Account funds will be deducted automatically; no need to submit a claim reimbursement form
*Cigna will pay back for eligible expense via check.
Cigna Consumer Driven Health Plan
- All Medical Services - Healthy Awards Account Funds will be automatically deducted AFTER you deplete your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funds
- Eligible Pharmacy Claims - Healthy Awards Account Funds will be automatically deducted AFTER you deplete your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funds
- All Medical Services – Healthy Awards Account funds will be deducted automatically; no need to submit a claim reimbursement form
- Eligible Pharmacy Claims at Point of Sale – Healthy Awards Account funds will be deducted automatically; no need to submit a claim reimbursement form
To access your Healthy Awards Account, check balances, and track transactions, login to MyCigna.com, hover over “Manage Claims & Balances” and click on “Balances & Account Transactions”.
For questions or assistance with your Healthy Awards Account, please contact an Onsite Cigna Representative at 832-393-6191, 832-393-6192 or 832-393-6193.